Electrical Panel Replacement in Palm Harbor
Panel Upgrades to Keep Your Tampa Bay Home Safe & Up-to-Date
Though it may not be the first thing you think of when it comes to electrical service, your electrical panel is one of the most important elements of your home. As your main power source, an electrical box pulls electricity from the grid or uses solar energy and redistributes it to the circuits throughout your home. Your electrical service panel also plays a major role in your family’s safety, as the panel’s circuit breakers are responsible for shutting everything down if your system is drawing excessive current.
Electrical circuit breaker panels protect your home and power everything from the TV to the refrigerator. When you need panel replacement, you want to call a trusted service company you know will get the job done stat. That’s where we come in! Tru-Line Electric offers over 30 years of combined electrical and construction experience. Our Palm Harbor electricians are committed to not only meeting your customer service expectations, but also exceeding them. Call today for panel replacement in Palm Harbor and the surrounding area, and hire the pros at Tru-Line to help keep your home’s electrical system running safely and smoothly.
electrical panel relocation
Are you moving into a new house? You may even be upgrading your current home. Whatever the case, relocating your electrical panel is a challenging task and not something that you will want to do on your own. You will definitely want to hire experts to do the job, as this process takes into account a number of complex variables. In order to relocate a solar panel, a professional must consider the number of circuits that the solar panel has, the construction of your home, your solar panel's precise location, and of course, the solar panel's wiring method. Hire our trusted team of experts here at Tru-Line Electric, and we'll take care of relocating your electrical panel for you in no time.
the Right Time to Upgrade Your Electrical Panel
Your electrical panel ensures that enough power is flowing into your home. It is good to be aware of what kind of demands you are placing on your panel and whether it is up to the task to avoid problems further down the road.
You May Need to Replace Your Electrical Panel If:
- Your circuit breaker keeps tripping: Circuit breakers occasionally trip, and usually, all it takes is resetting them to return your system to normal. However, if your circuit breaker trips regularly, this may be a sign of a larger problem. Older systems often cannot accommodate powerful devices like modern AC units and high-def televisions, which can easily lead to overloaded circuits.
- Your lights keep flickering: Indoor lights that have a tendency to flicker or dim may indicate electrical panel issues. The more often it happens, the greater chance there is that your panel will need to be replaced. With the help of a professional electrician, you will be able to know for sure whether the problem lies with your utility company, or with your electrical panel.
- Your electrical panel is warm: A warm electrical panel is a warning you need to call your electrician immediately. Burning smells or excessive heat are almost always a sign that the wiring in your panel is fried, and should be replaced promptly.
- You are adding more home appliances: A panel upgrade can help your home to handle the new load from large appliances like hot tubs, dryers, and air conditioners.
- Your home is equipped with an outdated fuse box: There are a few reasons you may want to upgrade from fuses to a breaker panel. For starters, fuses are much more sensitive and trip easier than breakers. Every time a fuse pops it needs to be replaced. Fuses that are incorrectly sized can lead to electrical fires. Lastly, fuse boxes do not usually work with GFCIs.
- You are adding new rooms or a building to your property: Obviously, new construction requires more electrical power for new outlets and appliances. You may want to consider adding a sub-panel separate from your main panel. This will allow you to reset the breakers near the new room or building instead of resetting them at the main panel.
Federal Pacific Panels & Zinsco Panels: What to Watch Out For
Between the 1950s and the 1980s, panels from the Federal Pacific Electric Company and Zinsco brand panels were common in millions of American homes. Yet throughout the 70s and ‘80s, it became commonplace for these panels to malfunction, even causing fires, electrical shocks, and other deadly hazards. Homeowners and electricians alike soon realized that Federal Pacific and Zinsco electrical panels were largely faulty.
If you have a panel from one of these companies currently in your home, you will want to get it replaced as soon as possible. These components are not only capable of wreaking havoc on your house, but they also do not pass building inspections, and many insurance companies won’t even provide coverage to properties with Federal Pacific or Zinsco panels.
True Safety, Tru-Line
At Tru-Line, our skilled Palm Harbor electricians are equipped and trained to handle all the essentials of your system. From panel replacement to smoke detector installation to wiring repairs, Tru-Line is committed to on-time arrivals, and will always provide a 2-4 hour window for emergency repairs. Our team is made up of certified, background-checked, and drug-tested technicians, who promise to be clean, friendly, and respectful. We offer year-round specials and coupons and use only the best brands and most superior products, so your system works better for longer. With our 100% satisfaction guarantee, you can be sure our service manager will always go out of their way to resolve an issue.
Call Tru-Line now at (727) 308-6680 for same-day service, or click here to schedule an appointment online. We serve Elfers, Odessa, Trinity, & Palm Harbor, FL.
"Awesome customer service and quality workmanship"- Lynn Walton
Would recommend Tru-line to anyone!- Debbie L.
Customer for Life!- Wagner
Very professional & reasonable!- Mary
“Super Job”- Top Notch Service